The work of the Media Authorities is based on interstate treaties at the national level and on directives, agreements and conventions at the European level. There are also numerous other aspects of legislation that impact on the work executed by the Media Authorities.
Here is where you can download some of the documents forming the legal basis of our activities, as well as further information in English.
- Interstate Media Treaty (MStV english version non-official translation) - PDF)
- Interstate Treaty on the Protection of Human Dignity and the Protection of Minors in Broadcasting and in Telemedia (JMStV english version) - PDF
- Audiovisual Media Service Directive (AVMSD) - PDF
- Guideline of the Media Authorities: Labelling of advertising in online media (PDF)
- Information Sheet "Political advertising in broadcasting and telemedia" (PDF)
- Checklist: When do I need a broadcasting licence) (PDF/UA)
- Media authority checklist for web TV broadcaster (PDF)
- Journalistic due diligence in online media (PDF/UA)